How to Insure Your Home Business

Insure Your Home Business

Insure Your Home Business

Running a business from the comfort of your home? You will need extra insurance.

If you are a business owner working out of your home, you will know that your office is full of digital devices, paperwork, and equipment. Even though working from home is ideal to save on gas, office space, and overhead, it does open you up to a whole new world of risk.

If an accident or incident were to destroy your home, you would have not only lost personal items, but your business equipment, too. For this reason, obtaining an all-encompassing insurance policy is imperative to protect your business – as well as your home!

Homeowners Policy Endorsement

You may be able to add a simple endorsement to your existing homeowners policy to double your standard coverage for business equipment. If you have guests or employees that regularly visit your home, you will need some liability coverage to cover your finances if they were to get injured on your property.

In-Home Business Policy

Specifically designed for the work-from-home entrepreneur, an in-home business policy offers more protection. Coverage can include reimbursements for lost income if a disaster destroys your home, and therefore your business, as well as expenses for replacing important paperwork.

Business Owners Policy (BOP)

A BOP policy is created specifically for small to mid-size businesses, and is an excellent solution if your home-based business operates in more than one location. From business property to liability to loss of income, this policy can cover many aspects of your risk.

Be sure to receive all-encompassing coverage without breaking the budget! Contact the insurance professionals at Kurt Rolf Insurance Agency serving MN, WI, FL, SD, & AZ to get started today!