Fajita Turkey Burger Recipe
Memorial Day is just around the corner, which means summer is almost here! If you are planning for your yearly Memorial Day barbecue with all of your loved ones, keep this delicious fajita turkey burger recipe in mind that is sure to be a hit with your family.
You will need:
- ¼ cup bottled tomatillo salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped avocado
- 2 1-ounce slices white bread
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 egg white
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns
Then you will need to:
- Mix the chopped avocado, tomatillo salsa, and cilantro together. Set aside.
- Place the bread into a food processor, pulse 10 times, or until the crumbs measure 1 cup.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Add the bell peppers and onion into the pan, and sauté for 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in ½ teaspoon of the fajita seasoning and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Allow to cool.
- Combine the onion mixture, breadcrumbs, and remaining 1 ½ teaspoons of the fajita seasoning, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, tomato paste, egg white, and turkey in a large bowl. Using damp hands, divide the turkey into 4 equal portions, shaping each into ¾ inch thick patties. Heat a pan over medium heat, and recoat it with cooking spray. Add the patties, and cook for 4 minutes on each side until they are done.
- Place each patty on the bottom of a bun, add 1 ½ tablespoons of the salsa mixture, top with other bun, and enjoy!
All of us at Kurt Rolf Insurance Agency in Hopkins, Minnesota would like to thank all of our service men and women for their sacrifice this Memorial Day.