Now that the weather is warming up for spring, it is the perfect time to find fun, local events that the whole family can enjoy together. Make sure to mark your calendar for these community events that people of all ages will enjoy together.
Mainstreet Days Arts and Craft Fair is one of the most looked forward to events in the area, and is coming back on May 16th. From 9 a.m. until 4 p.m., make sure to head out to Mainstreet between 8th and 11th for all of the family fun that is available. There is plenty of live entertainment, including train rides, a balloon twister, and much more. There will also be more than 100 art and craft vendors that will be selling unique goods, food vendors to keep your stomach full, fun activities for children, and much more.
Get ready for the 31st Annual Music in the Park in Downtown Park! The yearly event is returning on June 18th for summer, and is the perfect place to get together with people throughout the community. All the concerts in the park are free, so make sure to bring a blanket or lawn chair to enjoy the music. The schedule for the 2015 season includes:
- June 18th – 1st John Phillip Sousa Memorial Band at 6:15 p.m.
- June 25th – Teddy Bear Band followed by the Resistors at 7 p.m.
- July 2nd – The Legendary Percolators Band at 7 p.m.
- July 9th – Bend in the River Big Band at 7 p.m.
- July 16th – Somewhat Dixieland Band at noon.
- July 23rd – Jazz on the Prairie at 7 p.m.
- July 30th – Prior Lake Windjammers at 7 p.m.
- August 6th – Elvis returns at 7 p.m.
All of us at Kurt Rolf Insurance Agency in Hopkins, Minnesota would like to invite you and your friends and family out to enjoy these local events.