Celebrate your Cinco de Mayo with these delicious tacos.
Part of Cinco de Mayo is to celebrate the Mexican army’s unlikely victory over the French in the Battle of Puebla in 1862. But, Cinco de Mayo also certainly calls for us to enjoy some traditional Mexican dishes. Are you getting ready to celebrate on Saturday? Here is a quick, easy, and delicious taco recipe that hits the spot!
- 3 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo, diced
- 1/3 cup diced red onions
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- handful cilantro diced
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- lime to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl toss together squash, 1 tablespoon olive oil, paprika, and salt. Bake in preheated oven on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet for 20-25 minutes or until soft.
- Heat pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add red onions and chipotle peppers. Cook for a couple minutes and add the black beans. Add cumin and salt. Cook for a few minutes, mixing occasionally.
- In a blender or food processor, combine avocado, lime juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Blend until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Heat corn tortillas on a skillet for 10-20 seconds per side.
- Top tortillas with squash, black beans, avocado crema, squeeze of lime juice and cilantro.
From the team at Kurt Rolf Insurance Agency, we hope that you enjoy these delicious tacos. For all of your insurance needs, contact us today. Our dedicated team serves all your insurance needs in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Florida, South Dakota, and Arizona.