Start Halloween right with this tasty recipe!
Did you know that Halloween falls on a Saturday this year? If you have a young child, chances are that is all you have been talking about for weeks. Since you have a full day to celebrate the holiday at home, you can find spooky ways to take advantage of the holiday from the time you wake up. Try this ‘devilishly’ delicious breakfast recipe that will help to get Halloween off to a good start.
Deviled Crab Omelets
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 scallions, light green and white parts thinly sliced
- 2 long red chiles, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the chiles and scallions and cook until they are softened, about 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice and zest and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and mix in the crab meat.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and lightly beat them. Whisk in the dill and season with salt and pepper.
- In two omelet pans or 8-inch nonstick skillets, melt the rest of the butter over medium heat. Pour half the egg mixture into each skillet. Cook, tilting the pans and drawing the edges of the omelets as they set to let the uncooked eggs seep underneath for about 5 minutes. Spoon the crab mixture over half of each omelet. Fold the omelets over and slide them onto plates. Cut each omelet in half, sprinkle with cilantro, and enjoy!
All of us at Kurt Rolf Insurance in Hopkins, Minnesota would like to encourage you to try this delicious recipe this Halloween.