Leave behind your work worries during the month of April.
During the month of April, individuals, businesses, and health care professionals are dedicated to teaching people to manage their stress levels. Stress Awareness Month is the perfect opportunity for each individual to reassess their worries and adjust accordingly. As stress can be the cause of many health issues, such as depression, high blood pressure, weight gain or loss, acne, and heart disease, it’s important to have as little stress as possible.
Three out of four American workers report stress on the job. Note these tips to beat work stress and propel your successful career!
- Get enough sleep – Sleep is essential for us to perform to our best ability. Lack of sleep reduces our cognitive function, weakens our memory, and makes us irritable – not ideal for the workplace! Get your 8 hours of sleep each night.
- Eat well – Our health begins and eats with our diet. If we eat unhealthily, we’ll feel it. Be sure to eat balanced and regular meals, exercise often, and drink plenty of water.
- Learn to say no – You may want to be in everyone’s good books in the office, but learning to only manage what you can handle is essential. Stop saying ‘yes’ to taking tasks off other peoples’ plates and becoming overwhelmed in the process.
- Make tasks – Whether you have a calendar, a To-Do list for the day, or a checklist for the week, getting organized will mean that you’re properly equipped and mentally prepared for the work ahead!
- Always take your lunch break – Working through your lunch hour may seem like a good idea, but we don’t work best in one lump sum. Taking frequent breaks actually improves our task completion and a walk in the fresh air always helps!
- Put it in perspective – No, the world won’t end if you forget to send an email, and no, your career does not define your life. Ensure that you can separate your work life from the rest of your life by making time for yourself.
- Pace yourself – It’s easy to feel the pressure of work and home, but scheduling time for even little things and setting realistic time frames can reduce the buildup of stress
Reducing your stress will ensure that you can lead a healthy and happy life! From the insurance professionals at Kurt Rolf Insurance Agency, we hope that you take the time during Stress Awareness Month to lighten your load. Visit us for the insurance policies to protect your finances and assets in Hopkins, Minnesota!