Choosing The Right Auto Insurance Coverage

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage

When you are investing in an auto insurance policy, it is easy to get confused about which coverage options you should invest in. From collision to uninsured motorist, the more coverage options you choose, the better protected you will be. However, it is important to keep in mind that you may not have a choice in which coverage option you invest in, since some are required by law. In Minnesota, you are required to invest in both uninsured motorist and underinsured motorist coverage with your auto insurance policy.

Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage is meant to provide coverage for any medical bills that you and your passengers incur after an accident with another driver who does not have insurance or does not have enough auto insurance. Even though almost every state requires auto insurance, more than 12 percent of drivers on the road are not covered.

If you want to save some money by skipping out on uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, you do have some other options. Since Minnesota is a no-fault state, you are required to have personal injury protection (PIP), which will cover any medical bills of you and your passengers after an accident, no matter who is at fault. You can also rely on your health insurance policy, which will provide some coverage for injuries after an accident. Keep in mind that the actual amount of coverage will depend on your specific policy, so make sure to talk with your insurance agent before deciding on your auto insurance coverage.

Contact Kurt Rolf Insurance Agency in Hopkins, Minnesota for all of your auto insurance needs to keep you safe on the road. As an independent insurance company, we will work with you to make sure that you have the protection that you deserve, all at the right price to fit your budget.